default | grid-3 | grid-2

Post per Page

A 15-Year-Old Boy Captures Incredibly Clear Picture Of Saturn And Its Iconic Rings Using A Telescope In His Back Garden

A 15-year-old boy, from Seaford, East Sussex, has succeeded in capturing an awesome picture of Saturn using a telescope in his back garden that several experienced astronomers would be proud of. Marcus Reed managed to take this clear image of the gas giant, including its entire rings, using a 102 mm diameter reflector telescope. According to Marcus Reed, he stayed up until 4 am, using an iPhone app called Sky Guide to locate the gas giant planet in the sky.


He said: “I took the picture at about four in the morning. I had turned on the app and saw that Saturn was visible, so straight away I put my slippers on and ran downstairs, setting up my telescope on the back lawn in my pajamas. I was pleasantly surprised when I looked back and saw I had such a clear picture - Saturn is my favorite planet. 'I have been interested in astronomy and photography for a long time, and I really enjoy it - I use my telescope every night when it's clear.”

The Gas Giant Saturn, is the sixth planet from the sun and also the second largest in the solar system. Saturn has been observed by astronomers in the night's sky since ancient times.

Tom Kerss, an astronomer at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, said: “Marcus has done a fantastic job at capturing the view of Saturn we might see with our eyes using a good beginner’s telescope.


The familiar rings are clearly seen encircling the gas giant, which as of this month is rising before the Sun. At the present time one of Saturn’s poles appears to be covered by its rings, which are more inclined from our perspective, but in 7 years or so Saturn will once again look as Marcus has captured it here.”

2 comments

  1. Nice but there are some much better photo of 13-year-old boy from Slovakia:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1838541509806693&set=a.1831381140522730.1073741845.100009525860877&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wau. Great photo of 13 year boy

      Delete

Error Page Image

Error Page Image

Oooops.... Could not find it!!!

The page you were looking for, could not be found. You may have typed the address incorrectly or you may have used an outdated link.

Go to Homepage